Monday, August 25, 2008

The Final Soliloquy

“ You all know how enormously i bulk in your lives, in your neighborhood, in your cogitations, why, i even bulk in the books you read. I have enjoyed this quasi-divine status conferred on me for eons, but now the job’s getting monotonous, and i’m tired of being constantly occupied with human relationships. Either you people do not understand me, or i do not understand your expectations of me; and this my dear followers is no rhetoric. Ever since the time of creation, we have been badly mixing our perspectives; my endless readjustings to your ceaseless hunger, has to end at some point of time, and i fear that the crash is coming, and its coming soon. The warning signs are so clear and it is up to you to pick them up before its just too late!! ”


“ At times i pity your ignorance, because of the wide range of illusions that you attach to me, and one of them being, that i’ll be ‘ permanent ’. I can laugh out loud on that one, but unfortunately i cant laugh at myself. How can i ever be ‘ permanent ’, when all you living beings offer me is a world of shifting relationships, liable-to change; decisions, and you look at me for reassurance, and i try to balance your life, like a juggler for the sake of that illusion that you have so cleverly attached to me. But its difficult to accept that you guys have transformed me into a social habit. Probably, yet another measure on your part to ensure my permanency in your world!! ”


“ It pains me when i see most of you swooning for my cousin, instead of me. I hate the fact that we are relatives of a different order. I’ll be very brief and dry about him in the first place. Some years after you are born, certain changes take place within you and these changes lead to union with other human beings for the production of more human beings. That was supposed to be the sole function of my poor cousin and it was designed that you guys can gain an acquaintance with him only after you have satisfied ‘me’ in the first place; but over the years, tables have turned and my cousin has bullied me enough and usurped me of my high order. But i don’t care, for whatever you say or do, its me who will have the last word.”




“ I know i’m complicated, but you have made me so. When you are under my jurisdiction, you try to get something, and you also try to give something. Gosh! It is this double standards of you people that has made me selfish and altruistic at the same time. I was fated to pass slowly; creating those tingling sensations of happiness, and bringing to life that fourth dimension; the pursuit of which, has been there since creation. I hardly have the drive to provide further assistance to your pursuit and therefore i quit, and i quit in style. I’ll enjoy the spectacle of the world functioning without me.”




" Well, i’m that loser called……….Love."


Now Playing:: Is mod se jaati hai………………..Aandhi


p.s:: The side effects of reading the Love Story for the fifth time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

selfish n altruistic at d same time!!

now dats a smart interpretation.

poora double stndrds hai na!

onelife said...

wat i don unstnd is dat sum wrds wen i see dem in print make me weepy, but wen i actually say dem dey luk so ludicrous.

Debasish Patra said...

Books, specially Erich can drive u crazy.

So, all dis is Segal-effect, No wonders !!!

i dint understand ur cousin ka story..


even bfr i read ur p.s, I was sure ki , dere is a gr8 book dat is bugging u !

Anupam said...

ehehe....wat a side effect;)

but wat was dat thing abt d cousin?

did u mean lust?

confused!!

Deepika said...

@ XYZ

thanx 4 dat n haan poora double standards hai, kya karen :)


@ onelife

hota hai, but sorry i dont get you, howz dat applicable out here.
care to explain?


@ debasish

gosh! i'm almost moon-struck post the reading sessions!!
well d cousin over there sex in connexion with love in its most primitive stage! gotcha!

@ anupam

ya it was partly lust as well!!
still confused??
;)