Friday, September 19, 2008

Its Getting Vulgar!!

Its amazing how human beings have made use of “pain” to create that aura around themselves. Whatever they do gives us a slight shock- not the thrill which proceeds from a living being, but a jolt of disillusionment. Not the pain felt when the eyes have been pulled out and one is left with bleeding sockets. The pain I’m referring to is much sophisticated ( well people have made it so.) Precisely, the one following heart breaks, and the pain I’m talking about, is strictly limited to this category, not even the pain originating from the death of a loved one.


Its only human to feel pain but emotions when sufficiently repeated, become vulgar. I’ve been reading a very popular blog off late, you know, the one which attracts at least forty comments within minutes of posting. Now what makes this blogger so popular? Its obvious. Like Narayan, who once discovered his fictional town, stayed with it for life, so it is with this guy as well. Once he found his “pain”, he fell in love with it, and continues to drudge his muse to generate more of it!! Don’t even ask me to break the cherry on the URL, coz I wont. I may do that on gunpoint, however:)


The problem probably lies within me and in my curious antipathy to objects which are so pleasant to fellow beings. I wonder whether these are tendencies of a growing insensibility and a failure to respond to general impressions. Of course, its none of my business to comment on what people do in their personal spaces, but its too disheartening to see subtle things of life being converted into social habits. Slander me as a hypocrite, I wont mind, coz to a large extent I am one.


I, too have written about things which I highly despise now. Besides, facts themselves should disclose their own virtues. A person who is able to benefit by a lesson will, no doubt, discover it, under any husk or disguise, before it is stripped and laid bare-to the kernel. But does love, pain, and contentment need to be circumscribed by dress and fashion?


On a lighter note, if you wanta make it big in the virtual world, you know what to spend your thoughts on. You’ll be a magnet and people will be drawn to you like flies to a pig.

Now Playing:: Kya hua tera vaada…………..Rafi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

careful usage of d freedom of thot.

darling i kno um straight but um fallin in luv wid u

umm niiice

Debasish Patra said...

ahaan...i see!

well, break-ups and post-breakups are quite fashionable yaa..

I mean, the symapathy-cum-publicity is jus too good fr both the people..

I dunno, if my coment is in context if ur post :P
But u see, PAIN has been selling movies,serials.. so why not Blogs!

Abhishek said...

u always hv a choice of readin or skipping n maybe ye r gettin too judgemental.

Anupam said...

since dis one's bout pain, how wud this title sound...no gain wid out pain

ehehe, mail me d url of dat guy;)

onelife said...

u seem 2 b in a fix urself.

i had 2 read it twice 2 get d crux of it......a difficult read no doubt

a lot of things were dere in between d lines...

well done

Deepika said...

@ XYZ

i'm straight dear. sorry!!

@ debasish

yes," selling" was d wrd dat i was stuggling wid when i was writin d post. ya it wrks vry well sympathy cum publicity!!

@ abhishek

maybe um gettin judgemental n maybe dis brk wud set my mind straight.

@ anupam

hey dat title was gud n dnt wish 4 more:)

@ onelife

ya um in fix n ur comments r always thotful. thanx again.

Thanx all