Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hum Tum

To all the people in love, this is a single woman requesting you to clap an extinguisher upon your ironical behavior, if you are unhappily blest with a vein of it! To begin with, spare me the lectures on those superior pleasures which you tell me I have lost by remaining as I am, for, if you do that again, I swear, nothing would be more disconcerting than to sit down, so to speak, before your disciple (self-proclaimed, that too), and then suddenly to receive his boot in the pit of your stomach. Boy! I so wish to do that some day!


Oh puhleeze I’m none of those jealous singles who puke at the sight of lovely couples, indeed what makes me mad is that they are, ‘too loving’. Not too loving neither: nah that does not explain my meaning. Besides, why should it offend me if they prefer one another to the rest of the world? Dear Reader, you might ask, “yaar tera problem kya hai?”, and sadly, I’ve arrived at that station in life where I can actually script an answer to that question and a hundred others which have been chasing one another for sometime now.


Nothing is to me more distasteful than the way people carry that predilection for each other, and they won’t even mind perking it up on the faces of us single people so shamelessly, that you cannot be in their company a moment without being made to feel that you are not the object of a similar predilection. And they’ll keep telling you in little speeches and looks that you are not a happy man/woman, the (lady/man)’s choice. Good god! When will these guys realize that it is enough that I know I am not, and I scarcely am in need of this perpetual reminding.


Yet another infirmity that comes into observation is the manner in which your friends treat you. It doesn’t come across in all occasions but in a tête-à-tête, there is no shuffling, and the truth is out. A few days back one of my very good friends happened to meet this guy who had a thing for me back in junior college. And boy! Didn’t he ask about me! Of course he did, and his queries were no different from the usual ones. Like, what’s she doing and whether she’s still single and blah blah blah. Readers, tell me how difficult is it to answer those questions if you know a person way too well? The first one is obvious and the second one is equally obvious, but nah my friend thought otherwise. There was no ‘yes’ or ‘no’ in my friend’s answer but a whole lot of crap like, “you know how she is”, and I bet each word in that sentence must’ve been stretched a tad too much. I wouldn’t have written this post had the reply been, “no she has none; nor wishes either.”


Anyway I don’t wish to write anymore, coz to enumerate them all would be a vain endeavor, and the world would continue to provide us with the uneasy feelings which we derive from knowing ourselves to be less the object of love and esteem with a fellow creature than some other person is!

Now Playing:: Beeti na bitaye raina………………..Parichay

p.s: hey this is what Gulzar says for this song

Pancham se ek parichay woh tha jisse main tees saal jiya hoon aur, bhar poor jiya hoon poori sargam ke saath. Sangeet ke toh sirf saat hi sur hain magar Pancham ki shaksiyat mein bepanah sur the aur saare ke saare hum ne ek saath jiye. Ab yeh ek aur parichay hai uski chup ka jo tabhi beetega jab main beet jaunga………

7 comments:

Anupam said...

may b ur fren found it strange 4 a gal like u 2 b all single n who knows she still considers dat "guy" 2 b a potential mate 4 u....ehe he

Abhishek said...

"station in life" hmmmm dont u think dats too archaic ;-D
i loved d subtle humor!

Deepika said...

@ Anupam

ha ha.....potential mate.....that sounds like animal planet:D

@ Abhishek

now that u've pointed out it does sound archaic, cant help it though, somethings just come out like that!!

Debasish Patra said...

Gawd! dat was loads of food fr thought there.

I would rather keep quiet.

Ravi Kumar said...

one thing this post did was let the world know that u r single and interesting. ANd u know wat..this combination is lethal..a the most sought after..trust me..the world's in your finger tips then..njoy..

Ravi Kumar said...

u r tagged!

http://mon-voyage.blogspot.com/2007/09/my-fmort.html

Complete this!

Deepika said...

@ debasish

hmmm even if u want u cant keep ur mouth shut, coz i see it, its way too open ;-) gotcha!!

@ Ravi

hey thanx 4 droppin by.
dere's hardly nythin interestin in me, but u know dat syllables can be slippery n d virtual world beams wid such instances.
however, thanx again 4 doin wonders to my confidence.
the tag seems interestin, will do it.