Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Quality

He knows me too well,
He has seen me often.
He knows I move about
Like an adult; like a woman,
Yet I kiss like a child;
Asexual and indifferent.

He calls me frigid;
Adjusts his bites as kisses.
His fingers tremble and whimper
In the depths of my hair,
As he ventures to
Thrash his bone against mine.

He stands up angrily,
Yet turns away in a hollow
Silence of loneliness.
I creep into my knees,
Nuzzling my face in
The folds of my palm,

Breathing away the fever of
His hunger… his hurt.
Perhaps, this man knows me too well;
For, he has opened me enough,
And I’ve finally lost the need to
Reach into my mind, ever again!

Now Playing:: Chand roz aur.......................Kishore Kumar

5 comments:

janani sampath said...

but is he still in love with you? tht's the question :)

Deepika said...

@ Janani

aah doesnt matter...like history, love too repeats itself, only the faces and frames change!
wat say?

janani sampath said...

deepika
amen to those thoughts!

Anonymous said...

i dnt think every woman would relate to ur posts (poems in particular). u write well but u hv always put love in its multiplicity as in multiple lovers i mean.wats so wrong in being faithful to one man?

Deepika said...

dear anon,

i'm not writing for or, on behalf of the women kind...each woman is different, there's no point in generalising...i hate blowing the feminist trumpet!
besides, love is an elusive concept it means different things to different people. what i write is entirely my reaction to a particular train of thought or maybe its just a passing alterego!
thanks for dropping by :)

Cheers!