Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Letter # 2


I've been meaning to write a poem mourning your loss, mourning the heady start that we'd got, mourning everything that would help to purge you off me. I wonder if catharsis is in the process or in the moment that would eventually negotiate my cure.

I've been meaning to ask you about your knives-- the ones you say were reared never to draw blood. Wonder-struck, I asked you, would you still call them knives? If they won't cut and tear what else could they possibly evince? You took offence. You tried to demonstrate. Each time they only surprised you more and more. Exhausted, you said, I was only thinking about their kinder sides.

I've also been meaning to tell you that I've lost my journal to computer viruses. Gone is your name; your idiosyncrasies-- that I'd so diligently noted; particular dates when you might have said something particular; little nuggets of personal history when we'd talked late into the night; little poems of odd lines that never really grew beyond a certain number of words, everything that could put you at risk is gone-- you must marvel at the beauty of fate.

Soon it would be close to an year of knowing you and un-knowing you. You've only asked me to move on and likewise denied me the opportunity to mourn the loss of love.

Now Playing:: Arziyan.......Delhi 6

6 comments:

Srikanta said...

:)

Srikanta said...

I wonder if I am peering into the mirror like an @ss as usual ....I need some aid

" les minnie'S " said...

poems? like... love poems?

www.leblogdesminnies.blogspot.fr

Naveen said...

Is this a writer's blog(ck)?I am in awe of your post modernist perspectives. I am addicted to your words. Even I stopped reading Chetan. Write a book and I shall buy at least 100 copies...plead you to continue writing....

Deepika said...

Thank you for writing, Naveen. Had forgotten about this space until your comment appeared in my inbox. No writer's block, it's just that even vagabonding gets redundant after some time!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that your words are still relevant after 10 yrs.. it gives the sweet memories of past..