Sunday, July 13, 2008

Midnight Musings of a Poltroon!!

Its not everyday that you wake up to find folks around you packing off things in a hurry, as if the house is on fire. One of your feet is still in the droopy realms of sleep and you are convincingly playing possum, when the explosion takes place!! Your folks seem to be blabbering about the death of some kinswoman, so distant, that you kinda get lost in your own family branches. And before you even make an attempt to figure out the particular branch the kinswoman once seemed to have perched upon, your folks have already bid adieu. When you are still wondering about the celerity of time, the gravity of the whole situation incarcerates your consciousness and the tension breaks into a cold sweat!!!

...................................................................


All day long, i thought mom and dad were trying to pull my leg, with all that prossy talk about their not returning tonight. I was sure they would be home atleast by 10, till of course, mom confirmed on the phone that there aren't any trains from that god forbidden village once evening sets in. Its five minutes past midnight now, and my Self has become so wearisome, i almost wish i was dead!!


The house is drowned in a spooky silence since the past sixty minutes. Every faint sound seems to be magnified and resonated giving rise to black imagings, but i'm thankful to Edison; not a single light would be doused tonight. The doors and windows have been bolted and double checked. Even at home, i sit as if in a camp, encompassed by a hostile army of doubts, and despising myself for being such a poltroon.


I never knew i was so scared of staying alone, especially in the nights. The day time doesnt pose much of a problem, considering the intercourse that one has with creatures around him, but nights are made of a different fabric! My imagination is on an all time high tonight. Just a little while ago, i fixed myself near the window and tried to think of something cheerful. If ever you are alone, dnt even make an attempt to kill time by looking at the garden, coz the trees have a strange way of coming alive in the night. The eerie sough seemed to whisper something to me, and shadows resembling a poltergeist, was trying to tell about strange things that were on its mind but, could not make itself understood!! And the window remains closed for the rest of the night.



I tried to find some company through g-talk n Y-msngr, but none seemed to be a part of the green revolution. The cell phone ceases to be much of a company especially when you are single and books tend to become somnolents. So all you have with yourself on these strange nights, is music and your own thoughts to help you navigate through. I'm not sure if i can atleast grab a forty winks, but i trust caffeine and chocolate to keep me awake all night. I just hope i dnt succumb to some cardiac arrest, coz i'm dead scared!!

Phir milenge agar zinda rahi toh!!

Now Playing:: Broken glass............................Likin park

p.s:: wow guys this is my 50th post!!

4 comments:

Debasish Patra said...

Gawd ! U seem to be so scared. Trust me, ur post also 'radiates' that freaky-feeling.

And, yeah I wonder how many ppl wud understand dat 'green revolotion'.... !!
thanks to u, I kno :)

Anupam said...

ehe he he........ lol

hmm " trees coming alive at the night "...............ooooooo dats scary.

beliv me coffee n chocolates sounds enormously sexy n 2 use them to keep sleep at bay is too unromantic;)

hope u r fine:)

onelife said...

the nxt time u will be brave enough to scare away those spirits. gud luck:D

Deepika said...

* debasish

seeing d daylight break in d 1st time of my life, was indeed a grt feelin, but d night was sumthin i'll nvr 4get 4 ages 2 cum :)

n green rev sure is gud, intellectual stuff. glad u remember ;)


* anupam

cum on dude!! i was tryin my best 2 keep my heart beating!!
sex n romance was d lst thing on my mind;)


* onelife

i hope there'll be no nxt time!
i'm quite a phattu, u see;)