Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Universe Takes Revenge

Everything was usual about yesterday, infact everything about the whole week had been usual; nothing outside the day's routine had happened for some time; and it did not look like anything would ever happen again. My body had gone through those little congeries of events, common to all Homo sapiens; dressing and undressing, eating, drinking and sleeping; but it seemed as if the rest of me, including mind and soul were enjoying the tranquil hibernation, with needs equivalent to naught. So the Universe decided not to crush me under the weight of a routine schedule and packed the events of a dreary Saturday with an intention to surprise me with some unpleasant events, but our capacity to absorb surprises is enormous i guess.


There i was then, returning home; all gay and cheerful coz i managed to get the highest marks in a stupid exam, resulting in the Prof showering a bunch of encomiums on my rather wretched studying habits. I was so entangled in my brown-study that for some reasons unknown, i avoided the highway ( my usual way back home ), and turned towards a street that i always had a paticular aversion for. The street was pretty deserted leaving me with no other option but raising the acceleration and i could see the needle almost kissing the 60 mark. O you know what i am hinting at!!


I continued to drive at that speed, until a stupid car driver decided to take a sharp right turn without giving the damn indicator. In a last effort to avoid collision, i applied the brakes but the speed was too much for me to control. My Activa skidded, and a couple of somersaults later i came back to my usual senses. I realised that the street had become peopled all of a sudden, and my helmet suffering the impact, had detached itself from my head and was lying far away from my zone of reach. Now, accidents no matter how gory they turn out to be, are real embarassing situations to find oneself in. They compel you to entertain serious doubts about your driving skills.


By this time some guys had perched all around me and were surveying the scene with intense curiosity. Somebody amongst them lifted the Activa and handed me the helmet. The next moment saw me vanishing from the scene like greased lightning to save myself from further agonies of embarrassment. It was only after i reached home that i saw the crater like dents and not to mention the innumerable scratches that got added to the voluptuous figure of my Activa. But the poor thing!! is in a fine running fettle even after such an assault.


And listen to what my bro had to say about all this when i placed him a call. " Accident........thats allright but dont ask me for my blood........i've lost enough weight and i dnt want to lose any more by giving you those precious drops." Thats how strong my khoon ka rishta is!!


So guys never complain about the kind of routine that your life seems to be falling into, coz when the Universe decides to register your complaints a bit more seriously, you know that you are in deep trouble, and all are not lucky like me to escape such accidents sans injuries.


Now Playing:: American idiot............................Green Day

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sympathies... Hope u r not hurt badly.

onelife said...

Remember girls and speed do not go together, so drive safe and dont start accusing the supreme force above for the mess you have created.

Deepika said...

indisch, i think those sympathies should go for my activa........poor thing has suffered a lot while i escaped with just a bruised knee.


And onelife, i dnt know who u are, but thanks for the advice anyway.

Anonymous said...

Okay, Ms. Activa, u have my sympathies. Hope u recover soon.