Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Bestseller

I have been pilfering lust all my life;
At times, hiding my body in the dark,
And at times flaunting it like a shameless tart.
There have been occasional sales
In the markets, and before I could bargain,
My body became my book.

As the weight of the flesh kept crushing me,
I celebrated the rare occasion of being
The concubine and the wife. On every
Bridal night as love invariably petered out
Into lust, I began to learn something more
About men and their kind.

Most of them rejected my face, like
The foreword never mattered for a book.
Shrinking further and further down the
Pages, leaving bold and ruthless signatures
On dark climaxes; undaunted by the cold
Phraseology, they made me readable!

Today, the book wrinkles with signatures,
A handful of whom I still retain amidst the
Folds of nostalgia. But, I have lived a contended
Life full of love for lust, never seeking indemnities,
However, a framed PhD in the closet reminds
Me of the price paid for it!


Now Playing:: Jaane do na........................Saagar

4 comments:

Bishwanath Ghosh said...

Awesome!

Abhishek said...

mahvellous!

babes u r going great guns!

Anonymous said...

nvr read nythin like dis before!

d poems out here are indeed bestsellers.
n u r only 21 ;)

Namitha said...

Really well-expressed... I like the metaphors. Great going! :)

Regards,
Fellow poet
http://narcissistwrites.blogspot.com/