Friday, September 11, 2009

The Two Kinds

This time the faces and frames
Are much younger. A package of
Juvenile intelligence and
Testosterone has been flooding
The jungle, but “Where are all the men?”
I wonder!

The men sit apart, dreaming about
Fair skin and generous bosoms.
They hardly notice my brown skinned
Body or my college girl’s breasts, but
I loiter around them anyway. One of
Them induces a small talk, and my

Body goes numb with fear and frenzy.
A carnal frenzy that strips me naked
In my thoughts, and the image of
Two entwined private bodies
Begin to loom larger. Someone from
The younger lot hands me a note,

On which is scribbled,
“I love you!” Meanwhile, the man in
Conversation draws me closer and
Whispers, “I wanna make love to you!”
I know not which “love” to choose, but
How long can one resist temptation?


Now Playing:: Hum kis gali ja rahe hain....................Atif

4 comments:

blogon malay said...

nice one ,,

blogon malay said...

kndda surprised by the end you made, lovely one.

Deepika said...

perhaps, indecisiveness is the key. thanks for commenting, malay :)

S M said...

"Where are all the men, I wonder?" is it true that the Y-chromosome is shrinking and with that the better traits which made them 'men' are fading into oblivion? :)
The callousness with which the salacious desires men taunt the dark skin pierce their poisonous fangs equally deep into love-shorn heart of the fair skinned, a prey to the prurience of those who call themselves 'men'.