Sunday, November 4, 2007

THE OPEN WINDOW ( four yrs back )

Caution:: It isnt a work of fiction.........


Well it was around half past 10 ( some four years back ),when i sauntered onto the terrace to relax my brain which i had over-exercised in solving the physics problems. The terrace was cloaked in an eerie silence and the night was drenched in a cool soft darkness. I stood staring at the moon which was looking pale and enormous, casting its silvery beams all over the place. Like a hopeless romantic I stood gazing at the moon silently and i was filled with its ecstatic loveliness. But this act, though lovely could not be continued for a longer period of time coz my neck started to ache and i shifted angles, where it pained less i.e I started to look around instead of looking up.

It was a not so chilly winter night but most of the people ( it seemed ) had gone to sleep as i couldnt spot any lights in the houses except one or five here n there. Some of the windows were open and i could see some people studying or writing. Apparently the guy i had caught studying was an engineering student and i had crush on him back then. Leaning on the confines of the terrace i began enjoying this romantic interlude by watching my crush cudgeling his brains and i couldnt help myself from smiling and imagining things. There was no room in my mind for anything except a radiant happiness and a driving desire to be alne with him. I have absolutely no idea for how long i stood there watching this ineluctable guy and deriving comfort by watching him. You see oppurtunities like these only come once ( toh chance pe dance karna hai beta ).

After sometime he lost interest in doing the thing he was doing and started staring out of the window into the dark. From his window I could easily be spotted but i guess he wasnt looking up. I am sure had he seen me he would have been shaken, mistaking me for a spectre in the dark. He kept staring into the dark and i noticed a faint smile was breaking at the corners of his mouth. It was magnetically appealing and the first genuine smile in the lap of solitude that i had witnessed. Maybe he was reminded of somebody ( could be his galfrend ). Oh!!!!!! how i hated that moment when i saw him smiling and i knew that there was someone else on his mind. It seems the height of sentimental stupidity now. Anywayz my pash crashed n burned there itself and i lost interest in him afterwards as he appeared stupid to me. ( A little secret: this was one of my crushes which lasted for over a year; apparently i have had 12 crushes till date and surprisingly i remember all of them. You see i was more like Saif of Dil Chahta Hai fame; i fell in love with every guy i met! ) Well after sometime the guy got bored of staring n he switched off the lights n went to sleep ( i suppose ).

But the night didnt end there. I frantically looked around for some lights, some open windows, some guys studying, to satisfy my kink of watching people stealthily. Oh!!!!!! i was desperately seeking for a faraway company. But the Universe was under no obligation to give me what i expected, on the contrary it gave me what i least expected. That night i became the witness of a much private act that has left an indelible impressionon my mind and even though four years have elapsed, that eventful night is very much fresh in my memory as if it were just yesterday. ( Did u guys get any hint??????? ) Never mind its time to talk turkey.

I was feeling sleepy and my legs were cramping, courtesy the prolonged standing and when i was about to leave i saw that the lights in the house located at the back of our residence were still on. Well curiosity took the reason prisoner and i walked those dreaded five odd steps to get a clear view of the open window. I was unaware that those steps would be haunting me for the rest of my life. I was in for a shocker. The night reached its dramatic denouement, when my eyes caught a couple engaged in the act of cunnilingus!!!!!!!!


Now those of you who dont know what it is, then better look up in a dictionary or surf the net, coz under no exigent circumstances I'll be typing what it means. I guess i am not bold enough to type what it means. Now, for a brief moment of time ( read few seconds ) i stood blandly looking at them. My brain just stopped functioning. Imagine a 16 yr old gal, just out of school, whose sole experience of watching a love making scene was in the movie Titanic, surely images like this could be arrantly disturbing. The next thing that i remember was me rushing down the stairs like greased lightning into the calm confines of my room.

I couldnt sleep that night as thoughts were tearing in and out of my mind. My heart was certainly beating a bit too fast and i thought it would explode any moment. I was overcome by nervousness for some unknown reason. Even today i have goose bumps all over me when i think of that odious night. But there's an element that has left me befuddled till date. Why did the couple have to leave the window open and were those creatures out of their minds to leave the lights on?????? As far as i know coition is something that people prefer to have in the dark. But these guys were not even copulating, they were engaged in something even more disgusting. I guess cunnilingus leads to coition!!!!!!!! But i am not a voyuer or a reprobate to witness such intimacies eventhough people make a public spectacle of it.

For somedays after that night i abstained myself from going onto the terrace especially at nights . Even when i resumed going onto the terrace i stopped hunting for open windows. Even though i got crazy for somedays but that night certainly cured me of my kinky nature.


NOW PLAYING: Lets make a night........... Bryan Adams

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ur post took me bac k to early and mid 2000 where there was no smartphone and internet
Watching from terrace was one form of joy. I appreciate ur bold writing skills.. about the act.