Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Before Midnight Musings

Well its half past ten and the house cloaked in a spooky silence, except for Rahman singing, mera yaar milade........on the real player, is pressing about on my loneliness. I have moved the chair close to the window n i can feel the cold wind grazing against my skin. I know i am shivering, but i dont feel like shutting the window. The night air is redolent with the scent of some flower whose name i do not know in particular, but its smelling sweet. I can hear the scary sough n my auditory senses are picking up certain sounds that i have never heard before. I am typing amidst this strange cacophony of the night world.


I hope its not some poltergeist playing these not so musical tricks on me. I have already started imagining one, dangling from the branches of the huge mango trees in our garden. I know i am sounding like some poltroon, n i know i can get rid off this scary feeling by closing the damn window, but i just dont want to. There's a pleasant frisson in the ambience which is stopping me from doing so. Although the window is open but not once have i stolen a glimpse of the outside night world. Ok fine i admit, i am scared of darkness. But its quite ironical that my brain is more active n my imagination more fertile in the night. So just wondering what kind of stuff i am made of??


Well exams are over n that explains this appearance on the blogosphere. For the past ten days i've been surviving on forty winks so its time for compensation n thats what i have been doing now. I am sometimes blessed with an exhausted, dreamless sleep. I had actually made a mental list of so many things that i had to do post exams but now i find that list is fast evanescing. I find it extremely hard to shrug off laziness, i wonder how the sea cows make their lazy asses move.


My room looks like a fabulous world awaiting serious order n arrangement. There's clutter everywhere n today i kept on searching for guess what, bro's laptop. Yes u read it right, i was '' searching'' for it. Now any mentally balanced person would keep the laptop either in its bag or on some table where its accessible, but not me. Guess where i found it. The poor thing was lying scared beneath a heap of dresses wondering about this strange cohabitation. But like an angel i saved this damsel in distress. By the way is it, 'in distress'or 'from distress'?? I always screw up prepositions. But i need to take care of the laptop as it is soon going to be paraya dhan. Bro's ''home-coming'' is due next month n so is the valediction. If bro reads this post he would surely fake a heart attack n would be on the next flight to home. Flight.........haila kaun kehta hai Hindustan garib hai!!!!


Yes i have finally shut the window coz i had a feeling that i was being watched. I felt somebody was taking a stroll in our garden. I know its just my over-fertile imagination playing these puerile games with me. But i dont think any ghost would be as scary as watching a movie starring only Dino Morea. And now that i have typed whatever poppycock was there in my head..........abhi iska title kya rakhoon. Chal upar scroll kar aur phirse ek baar title padhle.


Now Playing: Thandi hawa kaali ghata......................Mr n Mrs 55
Yes!! i am actually listening to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi thede it's me, I am also visitin this web site daily, this web ppage is genuinely good aand the users are in faxt sharing fastidious thoughts.



Take a look at my blog post ... m88