Thursday, December 20, 2007

Quixotic Morning Part 1

Ya i woke up early today. Infact i spent a sleepless night tossing n turning, watching both the seasons of How I Met Your Mother n reading a couple of pages from Tagore's Chokher Bali. It so happened that when mom woke up at 5 in the morning ( i think mom should resign from her govt service n take up a job in hmt ghadiyan, i wonder how she gets up at dot 5 everyday without any alarm clocks buzzing............it would take a dozen of such clocks to wake me up n i would still be playing possum n yawning ) n saw me having tea she almost fainted n ran to the telephone to call dad to tell him to look out for a good mental asylum. Ok the above thing was too hokey to happen but mom did look at me as if i were a lunatic.


I shrugged out every bit of torpidity from my system this morning n thats becoz i had to take my Activa for servicing. I had been eschewing from this for quite some months now. Result.......serious starting trouble n brakes as loose as those fictitious screws in my brain. Infact i have been driving so slow that every cycle-rider seemed to ask me, race lagati hai kya?? And i would manage a, nahin bhaiya aaj kal race karne ka zamana kahaan raha aur aapke cycle ke saamne meri activa kahan tik payegi. So just decided to rescue the poor thing from the drudgery of a kachua to that of a pig ( pigs run faster than kachuas right? )


I left for the service station at 6:45. Now the service centre opens at 7:30 n if u are there by 7, u can hope that yours would be the first to get serviced. The morning sun seemed to be lazy as well n was too reluctant to come out. The cold wind made me shiver n my hands and feet went numb, i thought the blood circulation was cut off. I actually stopped mid-way to rub my palms to give that heating sensation. They had become all pink in colour n i remembered how warm it was back in home n the images of me sleeping peacefully in the warmth of the blanket started playing infront of my eyes.


It was 7:05 by the time i reached the service centre. The gates were wide open as if they were singing aaja aaja aaajaaa main hoon pyaar tera........I was so happy that i was the first to arrive, but my happiness stayed as long as a batsman in real bad form stays on the wicket when McGrath in his prime form is charging in. A golden coloured, without any dents Activa was teasing my black, full of scratches Activa n i ended up cursing the owner of this prim n proper Activa, who was wise enough to come before me. But there was nobody. Parking my blacky near the goldy i walked towards the gate. My imagination ran a bit wild n i wondered what would the activas be talking:: Keep scrolling to find out.


Goldy: Arrey behan tumhare jism pe yeh nishaan kaise?? ( referring to the scratches )

Blacky: ( almost on the verge of tears ) Ab tumse kya chupana behan. Jab se woh karamjali ( pointing towards me ) mujhe chala rahi hai, tabse yehi haal hai. Zindagi se rang, tarang aur umang ( my blacky is quite poetic, just like me ) jaise khatam ho gaya hai.
Background score............ Duniya mein hum aaye hain toh jeena hi padega.

Goldy: ( comforting ) Hamari zindagi hi aisi hai..........par mera aadmi mera achha khayal rakhta hai.

Blacky: Kaafi khushnaseeb ho behan. Soch rahi hun is kameeni par child molestation ka case kar dun. Abhi teen hi saal hue hain mere. Kabhi Bipasha Basu hua karti thi lekin aaj kal log mujhe Reema Lagoo bulane lage hain. Hayeeeee meri phooti kismat........


BY this time two guys, i mean total hunks walked in through those gates. Ok reader, thats for today, come again tomorrow, kyunki picture abhi baaki hai mere dost........


Now Playing: Here i am...................Bryan Adams

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey nice funny post but wondering why you tiltled it as quixotic morning n when are u coming up with that much awaited 2nd part.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deepika, its been a long time since we have met or talked. Akash told me about your blog.Your writings are so funny and thats actually a surprise coz i remember you as somebody who is damn serious. It seems you have undergone a lot of change.
As far as your blog is concerned it just shows that you have so much of joy in you that it shimmers like candle light.
And yes wish you a belated happy birthday. I will call you soon.
Keep up the good work of entertaining us.
bye