Friday, November 6, 2009

Dad, Can I Smoke?

Dear reader, maybe I’m troubled and need help, but tell me is it that horrible to want to smoke? In fact it has been some days now and I’ve been only wanting to smoke, smoke and smoke…..to the extent that I can almost fancy the taste of tobacco in my mouth, and the smell of smoke on my fingers. Well, these are confessions of a strange order but I can’t help it. I’ve wanted just this one thing to make me happy, but wanting that, have wanted everything else as well! I hardly have a notion of what I might turn into if the rules of discipline were to be suddenly lifted from my daily walk through life.


And perhaps, this wasn’t a mere recording of a dream after all…..and sadly all my dreams tend to produce a world of dirty monochrome in which nothing can possibly happen, except to make the head nod and the eyes heavy with sleep. But even sleeping seems to be a rare occasion these days. I’m sleeping for less than three hours a day now, and the less I sleep, the more I want to indulge in smoking…..and even as I write this, I can smell smoke, boy, its driving me crazy…


Now, there are occasions in our life when we must make something happen, like flinging a splash of color into life, but I’ve simply lost the urge to do that….I would rather flounder into heavy chairs and put the body, mind, and the soul in hibernation, till I gather my scattered wits.


Meanwhile, can I smoke dad?

Now Playing:: Yaad piya ki aaye……………….Shobha Gurtu

4 comments:

Debasish Patra said...

I dunno whether you'll smoke or not,
but i loved the post.

Abhishek said...

u shud hv written this when i was there.......i wud hv given u lessons in "smoking", but the the title sounds just sooo innocent n some part of me believes dat ur dad might agree 4 a change...ehehe

;)

Deepika said...

@ Debu

even i dnt know whether i'll smoke or not :)

@ Abhishek

haan rey how i wish you to be my guiding "light"!

theidealrecluse said...

you should smoke. just try once. you will know why people are addicted.