Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chala Change ka Chakkar

I know i shouldnt have gone for it in the first place. But i regret nothing. I realize, even better than anybody else, that there was of course, no sense in the whole affair. I've always been a person who has clung to the time present. occasionally sneaking visits to the past, and if i hated anything in the extreme degree, i hated " change ". But, change my dear friends, is something which is always constant. Now there are occasions in our existence when we must make something happen, must fling a splash of color in our lives, so that the little kid in us does not perish to the greyness and dullness of things surrounding us.


So with such noble intentions, i got my long locks chopped off ( against the better judgement of my mom ) some months back, and these dayz people see me hosting a ' feather-cut ' sans the feathers of course. Now dnt ask me, the feathers of which avian species inspired such a cut coz the basic fact is that the damn cut looks like a hair stylist's worst nightmare. It has sure become a hair menace for me!! For one, the strands keep falling into my eyes, vexing me and making all attempts to obstruct my myopic vision n trying to pur-blind me. Secondly, it makes me look like an electrocuted creature, if i forget to put on the helmet while driving. Now, myopic vision reminds me of the new pair of glasses which i got yesterday, and this is what happened.........


Mom: A look of horror
Me: " How do i look mom? "
Mom: " I never knew you had such horrible tastes. U look like a lizard. "

( This was certainly the wierdest of all comparisions. I mean i would have totally agreed with mom, if she had called me a monkey, but 'lizard'........how on earth can a human being resemble a lizard. Now i know from whom did i inherit such Ram Gopal Varma type creativity ).


Me: " Come on mom, yeh aaj kal ka style hai. "
Mom: " I dnt know it looks real bad. "


However, a closer inspection did reveal the reality. The glasses have certainly added a few more years to my visage, but i still cant come to terms with the idea of me looking like a lizard. But had the optician even flicked a derisive eyelid, when i was busy trying them, they would never have been mine. It seems as if the guy got super embarrassed when i asked him, " acha lag raha hai na? " He obviously smiled with the air of grave approval, as if mocking at my " admirable taste ", and mentally saying, " i'm no body to comment on your "distinguishing" taste, madam ". My friends are yet to see me with these strange things on my face, but i consider all these changes as a romantic gesture, a wave of defiance to the mundane routine of life.


Now Playing: Tum ko dekha toh yeh......................Jagjit Singh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humour.how about allowing us an opinion of your hairstyle with a picture of yours?:)

Deepika said...

thanx a tonne!!

but posting a pic of mine sure is a dangerous proposition or rather a scary one i think.

i'll lose most of my readers if i put a pic of mine!! ;)