Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Green Chillies Entertainment

I just dnt like running errands, and especially if it has got anything to do with fruits or vegetables. I mean how easy it is to ask, " bhaiya ek maggi packet dena, bada wala ", pay the money and getting lost within no time. Isnt it always an easy task to buy things which are stuffed in packets?? But, vegetables and fruits...........nah, they are specially designed to make life hell for innocent souls like me!! For one, it requires a lot of examining and re-examining........as if the vendor is fool enough to put all the rotten ones on the top, yeah but if you let him do the choice for you then you are sure to take home a basket of rotten things ( experience se bol rahi hoon ).


Yesterday i was sent to buy green chillies by my grandma, and since it was an order from the high commission, none of my play-acting worked out. The vendor was near by so i thought of ' walking ' the errand. I was specifically told to bring 100gms of chillies. This much concept was clear to me. I put forth my requirement to the vendor, but the very next moment i found my heart was beating faster than usual and my palms were getting clammier. What i couldnt understand was, i had asked for a hundred grams of chillies, its so simple isnt it, then why was this rodent talking in terms of ' dedh ' rupiya and ' dhai ' rupiya? Now the only thing which confuses me other than organic chemistry is this difference between dedh and dhai rupiya, i still dnt know which one is greater? I didnt know how much to pay him and i certainly couldnt ask him to clarify. At first i thought of giving him ten rupees but my wallet was super heavy with change, making everyone listen to the sound of money, which made me drop the idea. I started the search operation in the coin zone of my wallet for the only remedy....................a five rupee coin. This added some more seconds and now the vendor began to grow restive. And finally after intensive searching and praying, i got the only 5 rupee coin in the wallet. Believe me guys i was never so happy in life not even when i topped the last three semesters. Anywayz, he returned me 2.50, and i knew how much those damn chillies costed in English, but i'm still not sure about that dedh and dhai funda!!


............................some minutes later i again found myself in front of the vendor and this time in search of onions. I deliberately left the wallet at home and carried only ten bucks, you see, na rahegi baas aur na bajegi baansuri!! So there i was then returning home all gay and cheerful and i think i was swaying the polythene bag a bit more vigorously. The bag had some defect in its rear part, and after some seconds gravity won the battle and the contents in the bag were seen making contact with mother earth. I must have looked like a rag picker, who was lucky enough to find onions on roads; kaash dharti wahin phat jaati aur main usme sama jaati!! Well, two other events also made their way yesterday..................the mother of all embarrassing moments, but will post them later..........


Now Playing:: Meri duniya mein aake..........................Tum Bin

No comments: