Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Foolish Impressions

We had been kids together; if not school mates then college mates (junior college I mean), and I always believed that these very early friendships seldom undergo any severe critical tests. We were bound to be dissimilar coz we did not share the same sex; while I kept chasing things foreign to my nature, he simply clung to the realities of life, yet the bond remained. Our correspondence insensibly grew sporadic but it never got lost; we would still turn up on each other’s birthdays, for an occasional movie, or just for old times sake. It was more or less an antique kinda bond that required dusting once in a while to make it look all new and shiny.


But now I find it difficult to explain, no actually its quite funny that I should be writing about it. No, no I didn’t realize all of a sudden that I’m in love with this guy; its no good trying to fool oneself about love. You cant fall into it like a soft job, without dirtying up your hands! It’s a queer mixture of awe and disgust that refuses to subside even two days after knowing the fact that my childhood buddy is no longer a virgin. Its strange that I should feel this way when I hardly have a thing for him, but its very difficult concealing or rather accepting that he’s a big man now. I wonder how parents feel when they see their kids take that huge leap towards adult hood??


I know it sounds crazy but all I now see in my friend is his manhood, he is no more that old buddy which he once used to be, or maybe he’s still the same and its just my ineptitude to look beyond, and accept that sex is indeed coeval with our lives, and at the mating age its effects are more obvious to society. Maybe its high time that I grow up, but how pleasant it is to look at the world with the open, hopeful, and astonished eyes of a child, until age begins to play its games….


And really I can think of nothing more to say, and I must bring this to an end…..but as I write, but as I write, the image of two entwined private bodies is beginning to sink deeper and deeper……


Now Playing:: Ay hairathe aashiqui………………Guru

4 comments:

shruti said...

Wow!that was a nice write up.i can very well comprehend what you are saying.
It happens sometimes though we really dont have feelings, but some where down there is a sense of possessiveness especially it it happens to be a member of the opposite sex but then its just a little phase which you come out of and accept.
And the imagination of those two entwined bodies......... that was simply hilarious deepika.

onelife said...

so virginity does affect gals more than guys, but dis one is a nice way of putting things especially d "coming of age" stuff.
n plz dnt say u cnt c nethin beyond his manhood.......its damn funny!!

Anupam said...

a virgin nymph cud nt hv unfolded her thots more delicately.

Deepika said...

sorry all 4 replying so late :-(

@ shruti

thanx shruti but i really feel dat it was puerile of me to put in on the blog.
maybe u r rite, deep deep down dere is dis possessiveness dat keeps surfacing once in a while...

@ onelife

oh yea i do realise dat d image is too funny to imagine n den to put it down is a thousand fold more funny :D

@ Anupam

a virgin nymph, uh huh!!