Friday, November 21, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action

The body had gone on dressing and undressing itself, eating, drinking, holding books and floundering heavily into large chairs. The sun and the wind, the stars in their courses, had conspired together to produce a world of dirty monochrome, in which nothing could possibly happen, and I had weakly bowed to their decision with one grand exception. The Stage. I knew at once that my own moment had also arrived, but I was too much bewildered between breathless curiosity and surprise to be sure of it……but, I’ve had senses to perceive it!! The body beneath the spotlight!! The heart within the body beating against itself, a strange singing in the ears, and the body could scarcely stammer. If the time had run out, it would have left the body still at the height of its perplexities, I dare say, but it never did run out. A hundred hisses, the body thought it would hear, but lo! What, an encore? That was one time. The body has been now alone for a while, basking in the moments of private triumph, cold, and proud. It doesn’t matter if the clouds were piling up material for a Niagra, it still, was a “fine” morning!!

Now Playing:: You took my heart away............MLTR

No comments: